Tuesday, July 20, 2004

MSBuild - the build tool of the future?

I just found out that Microsoft is planning to ship MSBuild as part of the CLR. Now I can't find the link to MSBuild itself - anyone know? - but I found the blog of the MSBuild dev team. You can also download the bits that will work with version 1.2 and 2.0.

Very interesting tool, this. You can schedule your builds, co-ordinate check outs/check ins, zip/unzip files, deploy to remote directories etc., all using a single XML. Something like FinalBuilder, except this is now going to be part of the CLR. And I have no clue what the GUI will look like, but I do like FinalBuilder's GUI.

If I find the time, I'm going to write a Delphi compile action for MSBuild. If someone beats me to it, let me know :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home